Wednesday, January 30, 2013

10,000

Wow - today, the pageview count for our blog surpassed 10,000 views (as of right now - it's 10,555).

I have no idea how many individual readers that translates to, but I do know that I never expected so many to be following our story and to read the words I've written.  It seems appropriate though that today was the day we hit such a milestone, because I've been doing a lot of thinking these last few days about all the support, love and encouragement that we have received in the last four months.  It has been so humbling and so incredibly uplifting.

It baffles me that the time has gone by both incredibly quickly and shockingly slowly.  I can remember the day of our ultrasound like it was yesterday and the crushing emotions that we experienced in the days that followed are never far from my mind.  At the same time, it's hard to believe that we're just four short weeks away from delivery now and are putting together the final pieces of the preparations to meet our little angel.  

Through all of this, I have had so many people tell me how I'm such a strong person and with what grace we've handled these last four months.  The truth is...a lot of days, I don't feel strong and on those days, I would describe myself as anything but graceful.  Yet, here we are...still standing, still facing each day, still preparing for all of the practicalities that need our attention.

I honestly don't think our personal strength alone would have gotten us to this point. We have had so very many who have reached out to us and many more who have held us up in prayer.  We have had loved ones and strangers alike who have opened up their hearts to hear our story and to share their strength with us.

We have been positively blessed that everyone we have encountered so far on this journey has been nothing short of amazing.  My family and friends have been there every step of the way.  Our doctor and her entire office have shown us nothing but love, support and compassion.  The funeral director and counselor are some of the most sincere and kind-hearted people I have ever met.  The priest who will be handling our baby's funeral put us so much at ease and made sure we knew that he would do anything he could to help us say goodbye in the way that we want.  Complete strangers have offered their support and kept us in their prayers. Acquaintances that we haven't talked to in years have reached out just to let us know that they've been thinking of us.

I will never be able to say enough thank-you's to all of those who have been with us on this journey and I know this won't be the last time I get the urge to reflect upon it.  But as I sit here tonight, thinking about all of those who have been walking with us...I can't help but feel overwhelmed by such a blessing in the wake of such sorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment